Sunday, September 1, 2024

A Variety

Yesterday was a variety of things in the studio. The first thing we needed before I could "play" was to grocery shop. That's kind of depressing. After getting back I cheered myself up by completing this...

Will not be making this again
The templates provided were not ample enough and I has some exceedingly frustrating moments building this block. It's going to end up being a wall hanging. I'll donate this pattern. 

I moved over to Foster after Jim got a call out for a 'smells gas'; he's on-call this weekend and all of next week. I have the first row half done, have taken a roll, and will work on that again this morning while Jim is canning salsa.

After working on Foster for a while, I dug around to find something new to work on. I did find a project I've put off for a while, but don't have the right color/amount of solids to complete it, so moved onto something else. 

I settled on this knowing I'm still trying to diminish my scrap stash. This should bust out a few...

I love house quilts!
When I refer to "The Village" for the next few weeks, this is what I'll be referring to. Each of these blocks measures 5 1/2" x 7"unfinished so I'm not going to tear through a large quantity of scraps, but a few. My rule is no large scrap pieces but all those small-ish ones floating around in the dresser that my fingers constantly push back down into the other bigger scraps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Moon

The moon is so cool. And viewing it over one of our great lakes as it rises for the night is even cooler.  Moon over Lake Huron I think this...