Friday, September 6, 2024

Yesterday Was A Blur

I had three sets of customers come in yesterday and they were both drop offs and pick ups. Five quilts out. Seven quilts in. No wonder I'm behind. 

I started loading Joans quilt onto DW yesterday but discovered the back was too short. Had to call her and then remove the back from DW. It's probably a good thing because one of the quilts that came in was a rush situation and required the Pro Stitcher to work some of it. I'll be doing some ruler work in this as well...

Yes, I'm actually quilting a U of M (bleh) quilt
I have already started this one, but have also started this one on Bernie...
Kathy's cute barn quilt
After I worked on both of these for a bit (because most of the morning and early afternoon was with customers) I was spent. I mean, when you're "live" with customers it drains the energy out of you. And it's not them. Not. At. All! It's me. I try to maintain a positive attitude, give advice when asked, work through quilting options on incoming tops, record the quilts, hang them, and clean up between each set of them. It's a lot of mental work and as I approach my not-so-young years, I'm finding it drains me. 

But alas, since I didn't get much thread work done on the "work" boys, I fired up Foster to do a little bit of work there. But, Jim decided to call Norwegian Cruise Lines while I was just getting started and after a 45 minute conversation with Victoria, we have officially booked our cruise for next year to Alaska. 

Jim and I are cruise virgins, so this should be interesting. Fortunately, Caleb and Lia just came back from their cruise and are giving some great advice on all sorts of things. 

Okay, I'm a little excited about the vacation in less than a year, and since this is a quilting blog, should get back on track with that. I'm working the UofM quilt all day today to try to get it off the frame ASAP. Bad juju when MSU plays tomorrow and that maize and blue thing should not be displayed during game day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Have One of Those Mornings?

My toothbrush didn't brush for the full two minutes. While getting in the shower, my shower door fell apart. When, after the first pass ...