Saturday, September 14, 2024

Don't Ever Get Old

As I approach the big 6-0, I find my energy level not nearly what it used to be. I work for an hour or so and then have to stretch and play with the dogs for a bit. Work some more and do the same. After six hours on the long arm, I'm spent. I power through but have to really (really) push to get through the next couple of hours.

Grandma use to say, "Getting old isn't for the faint of heart," and wow that woman was wise. Aches and pains crop up out of nowhere, sleep isn't what it used to be, energy level is zilch. I spend a lot of time thinking of ways to cut energy steps in my day; as long as I'm going upstairs with the laundry, I'll grab the water container and water plants, and grab the vacuum to do that up there too. When did I become so thrifty with my steps?

Yesterday was one of those days. It started out fine. Bernadette came over to fetch her quilt. We chatted for quite a while. It was lunch time. Jim left to go back to work, and my energy level tanked. After long arming for about two hours, that was it.

I headed over to Pieces to grab some more background fabrics for the Bee Happy quilt top, and the background fabric for The Produce Section so when I'm ready to begin that I have it available. 

Here's some more quilting going into Judy's quilt...

I love feathers!

And more feathers
All the "blades" in the Pickle Dish need to have echos done because she pressed her seams open. Twice the work but a better result nonetheless.

The trip to the fabric store put a little more energy in me so I switched over to Foster and got the black and border done on the first block. Jim got home from work and decided we were going to get groceries.

I have to attend moms art show this morning and after lunch I'm not sure which direction I'll head. Got a call from Caleb at lunch yesterday and he has received his permanent duty station after he gets done with training in Oklahoma. Vilseck, Germany. For at least two years. 

I'm excited for him and should get some great fabrics out of Europe, but I'd rather have the kids nearer than across the pond. Ah well, the life of a soldier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Moon

The moon is so cool. And viewing it over one of our great lakes as it rises for the night is even cooler.  Moon over Lake Huron I think this...