Monday, May 10, 2021

Not Much...

...happened in the studio this weekend other than trying to keep the grandkids out of it. I did get one Town and Country block done Friday afternoon before their arrival.

#250 Daycare Center
The pattern writer called this a Childcare center but I changed it. 

Becky's quilt is finished. Finally! I have to remove it this morning (kept it on the frame over the weekend out of the grandkids' reach) and trim and then call her, but the long arming is completed. Once that's completely done I have another top that came in Friday for Paulette that I'm going to push in front of the other ones laying in wait.

Pics of that quilt to come since it's gorgeous! 

The kids were here until late Saturday night and we gutted and rebuilt two flower beds. Well, I had already gutted the one, but the landscape cloth and a little more gutting happened before the mulch was thrown down.

I took my oldest granddaughter, Hannah, for a quick trip into town Saturday morning after breakfast and then once we returned we got back into the very neglected flower bed out by the Maple Tree and Lilac bush. It hadn't been touched (hardly) since we moved in three years ago. Both beds look completely different and it's nice to look out the west windows and see the progress we made. 

After returning from a brunch with my mom and brother yesterday afternoon I HAD to jump on the mower and get our first mow done. The grass is still growing slowly since we are near or at freezing temps at night, but it's growing nonetheless. And then I had to trim since Jim can't do anything at all yet with the ankle thing. 

Speaking of which, we have to run into his GP later today to check out one of his incisions. It's oozing (still) and does not smell very well. At all. So we need to make sure there isn't any infection and to have it cleaned. And I will need to finish trimming tonight since my weed whacker ran out of battery half way through last night. A fun-filled full day ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...