Wednesday, May 19, 2021

(Un)happy Flood-iversary.

One year ago today our lake was flooded...

1-Year Ago

It'll be another couple of years before we recover and get our lake back because after the flood, the levees downstream broke losing some of our water.

I had to run errands yesterday morning and it was such a beautiful day to do them. Sunny, mid-70's (turning into low 80's later), and a light variable wind. After lunch we decided we could get the garden in since temp predictions are expected to be well above freezing for the next 10 days. Back out I go.

Jim's garden is planted, two new raspberries reside in the mid garden, four Snapdragons reside in the rail fence garden, eight new Marigolds live in pots around the deck, and everybody was brought lake water to settle into their new homes. 

I weed wacked after all that and then push mowed the trim where the rider couldn't reach. I am covered in bug bites so I'm staying inside today despite it looking like it's going to be another warm, although somewhat overcast, day. I have tops to quilt for people and that's the priority for the next few days. I hope.

Here's what I did do on Town and Country last night after taking [another] shower. 

#'s 263 and 264-Cottage and Joe the Grocer (she had Tom but I changed it)
Here's what's on the frame this morning (that should have been done yesterday)...
Mickey's top to E2E today
Did I post a pic of what I did the other day?
Giraffe's in a Row
Customer coming this morning to pick up (just got a call) so off I go to stay away from bugs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...