Friday, May 28, 2021

Just When Things Are Returning to Normal...

...the holiday weekend creeps up on you. Yesterday was a "normal" studio day. The weather was cold, rainy, and windy. Perfect for working in here. I did some long arming (Diana's quilt is done). I did some top construction, I did some cutting, I loaded another quilt on the frame, had a customer stop by to pick up her quilt and mom stopped by. I never left the studio until 9:00 last night.  

The "yellow" rows are all attached
I cut for the next round of blocks as well as the batting that goes with.

For the grandkids
I had to stop working on this yesterday because the ole' back was starting to have a fit. I'll continue on with this today until customers show up later this morning.

And, I'm so excited! I received an email this morning from a company called Cotton Cuts. They are doing a mystery quilt starting in July. The two mystery quilt things I've participated in previously turned out extremely wrong. But this company provides the directions, the fabric (eight colors) and free shipping. It starts in late July, which means all my WIPs should be done by then. I hope. 

It'll be great working on a new project with like-minded people and with fabrics I don't have to think about trying to make work together. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...