Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sore, Sore, Sore

It got a little warmer yesterday and found myself out working in a rather overgrown flower bed to eradicate weeds/grasses. It should have been an hour job at the outside but turned into a three to four hour situation. And...I'm still not done. 

I have laid out the new perimeter blocks but will have to actually take those back up to get in some landscape cloth before laying down wood chips. The wind was being stupid up until sundown so that wasn't going to happen last night. 

Becky's quilt is half finished and here is some quilting detail going into it...

What rulers can do
I'm posting this pic, which looks almost like the previous pic, to show how much ditching makes a difference (which is the only difference in the two pics) on a quilt. 

Borders not yet ditched
I'm turning into a ruler junkie I think. Caleb and Lia got me a set of the swag rulers for Christmas and I love them! Here are some of the tools of the trade being used on Becky's quilt...

The rulers being used on this project
I have a new quilt coming in later this morning and mom is stopping by later this afternoon. I'll long arm in between as much as I can and hope to get Becky's quilt done today. No Town and Country blocks were completed last night (sad face) because of the flower bed situation mentioned above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...