Saturday, May 22, 2021

Absent

Yesterday started out with just a small appointment in the morning. It ended up turning into an all day affair with my not getting home to do anything until well after 5:00. I did mow and trim and then after showering (again) did some T&C Blocks. 

The previous day this was loaded and will be worked on over the next week...

Diana's Wool Applique Garden
I wrenched my back sometime between Thursday and yesterday long arming this piece. I have a tendency to hollow out my back when I'm long arming and I was kind of nervous about this top at first so probably a little tense in my stance/quilting until I got into things. No long arming this weekend to try to calm this back situation down. 

Here are the T&C blocks built over the previous two days...

#'s 273-275: Corner Tree, Barber Shop, and Pet Shop
The three above were from Thursday and the two below from yesterday.
#276-Church and #277 Internet Cafe
I'll be doing more of these over the next two days to give the back a rest. 

I should take a look at my "schedule" to see where I am for time. Did I mention my goal is to have this top done by Independence Day? That's only 43 days away and I have 88 more to go as well as the outer border to build and attach. 

I need to do an average of 2.04 blocks per day. If I take advantage (if you could call it that) of the back situation, I should be able to crank out more than four this weekend and to plan for the upcoming holiday weekend where sewing time will certainly be lost with all the neighbors coming up. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...