Wednesday, November 24, 2021

An Early Good Morning

Because today is another "mom" day with PT and a plethora of errands to run (for her, not me), quilting won't commence until later. Thanksgiving in this family is parked to Saturday since the "B's" are just getting over the sicks. We don't need another present like last year (Covid at Christmas).

The Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas panel was quilted for Cathie yesterday and then this quilt was completed for Melissa as well with just a large scale meander (per her request). 

The Beaverton Beavers...how original

After those two were done, this top was loaded for later today...

Absolutely beautiful handwork in here!
This top is going to be interesting in that I'm going to be running invisible thread throughout the handwork sections. It can be a little finicky to run through the long arm, but not impossible. 

I was able to get the binding onto Jill's top after Diane's was loaded and then two more pineapples joined the ranks on the wall. Total thus far: 27. The pineapples have slowed considerably since I have this Christmas rush on quilt tops to complete. I'll probably be long arming most of tomorrow, but hope to get some Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade watching in because every year it gets missed with food preparations. 

I'm also trying to figure out where I'm going to relocate all the completed quilts/tops in waiting since Ben and Alisha stay in the room they are currently residing in. I don't like sunlight to touch the customer fabrics and may have to pull the blinds in the studio to move them to the sewing table and onto the long arm bed. I'll think about that today while I'm on the road with mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...