Wednesday, November 3, 2021

At Home Business

I've been wanting to open a brick and mortar for some time now. A presence downtown with easier access for customers. And to let my family know I really do have a job and I really do work every day possible. However, the disadvantages far (far, far) outweigh the advantages and so I'll keep on keeping on here, looking over my "lake" and watching the wildlife as I put needle and thread through fabric. 

Mom stopped by yesterday. It turned into an almost five hour visit. No quilting while she's here; she can't handle the noise from the machine. I had five text threads going at once in the morning hours, so not much progress in the morning either. I did work until after 8:00 last night to make up for some of the lost time.

Here's some quilting detail going into Lois' third top...

Love how the feathers soften the sharp angles

And if a customer calls and wants the quilt done by Christmas, well...

All the quilt tops sitting in wait

I only opened the blinds to get more light for the photo. Don't panic everybody, your quilt tops are safe and don't see any light while in the "waiting room".

Lois wants to pick up all three of her quilts tomorrow morning first thing, so I'll be on the long arm for as long as I need to get finished. I may be long arming well into the evening to make it happen.

Because customers are a priority, no pineapple blocks happened yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...