Saturday, November 6, 2021

Lunch at 2:30 Yesterday

😄This is my face after yesterday's revolving door. Nine new tops came in and I'm unable to see the top of the bed in the "waiting" room. The kids were thinking about coming up this weekend and I kinda expressed my concern with having move all of these tops into the studio before they could even sleep. They passed on the visit knowing they'll be up in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving (weather dependent).  

I would no sooner get the needle down into the quilt I was working on and another set of ladies would come to visit and either pick up and/or drop off. A few of them brought friends and they gave me tops to do. It was nice meeting Cathie and Monica for the first time and it was wonderful seeing their new piecing styles. I am so excited to get into these in the upcoming weeks.

Sorry to be so wordy this morning, but I'm feeling so honored to be able to work from home and enjoy all the ladies (and any men that come along) with their stories, their tops, and their passions. I do live the dream...TRULY!

Today I'll be working on this flannel piece until another customer comes at noon-ish to drop off another set of tops. 

Diane's snuggly flannel top
I've already basted this in and have drawn the design(s) onto the iPad so I'm way ahead of the game in not having to stand there and read the quilt top for what I need to do today.

Along with the several customers in and out yesterday I had several deliveries as well. The Dream Orient arrived and am excited one of the customers wants bamboo into her quilt. It's a wonderful batting to quilt and wow, does it drape so nicely. It's my personal favorite right behind that wool I so love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...