Sunday, November 14, 2021

What Happened to Saturday?

I thought today was Saturday because we were so busy yesterday getting groceries, yarn (for something to do at moms while she's convalescing) and flannel fabric for a new pair of PJ pants for Jim. 

I was going to "whip" those pants out toot sweet, but if any of you know me at all...I DON'T SEW! And now I remember why. It took the entire football game to get these pants made for this guy. 

Looks easy enough, right?

I had to do something "quilty" after these were completed. It was already 8:00 so long arming wasn't in the cards. I found a new drawstring bag pattern that was not so labor intensive as the ones I've previously made and thought I would try that. I needed to make a new bag for Lilo's foot pedal and power cords and this would be the perfect opportunity to try out the new pattern.

New drawstring bag
Love, love, love it! Easy. Fast. Had it done in under an hour and that included finding/pressing/cutting and prepping fabrics. I'd like to start making these larger to put client quilts in when they're finished, but I need to devise a newer client tracking system to know who I've given one to. Maybe that can be a New Years Resolution?

Meanwhile, the bag was supposed to be my small project Sunday project. Now what? I have this on the frame to quilt...

What's on the frame today
But, I worked last Sunday and felt like I didn't get the battery recharge I need to have my head in the game for the rest of the week. BUT, next week is pretty much a long arming wash since I'll be at moms most of the week helping her post surgery. BUT, I'm not feeling like I want to listen to DW today. The weather is poopy. I'm not really that energetic, and quite honestly, don't want to half ass myself into customer quilts. Hmmm....????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...