Sunday, November 7, 2021

Good Sunny Sunday Morning

These time changes are horrible. We've already gotten so much done this morning and it's not even 10:00...on a Sunday no less. 

Because I have to attend a pre-op appointment with my mom tomorrow for her hip replacement surgery the following week, I will not be in the studio at all tomorrow. This means I have to work today. 

I started working yesterday and then I had customers come to drop off. By the time they left it was lunch time and I had errands to run and after errands were finished, an art thing to attend to support mom and her art league. I never got home until it was almost dark. No more long arming yesterday.

But I did manage to at least get the borders set in and some of the HST's started before the customers came...

Bead board in the borders
This isn't a huge quilt, but it is very detailed (see previous day) and will require considerable time for feet and ruler changes, as well as a few thread changes throughout. It probably won't get finished today, but I'm hoping to make some good headway on it at least so I can go to moms appointment without feeling so stressed. 

One of the errands I did accomplish yesterday was stopping by Pieces to pick up a few fat quarters for the light parts of the pineapple blocks. The owner of the shop couldn't believe I had just came in when I did because they were just talking about me. 

She received GIANT (like wide-backed size) Dream Big panels in one of her latest shipments and wants me to do some custom work in one to hang in the new shop. That, my friends, will be a fun (fun, fun, fun) project! I almost want to load it next but know I have "needs by Christmas" tops that take precedence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...