Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Here Comes Christmas

I received four Christmas tops yesterday. Granted, they aren't due until the next Christmas (2023), but it reminded me about the tops that will be needed for this Christmas. I just hope they don't all come in the day after Thanksgiving. 

Here's some of the quilting detail going into Rae's QOV quilt...

Nice!
But with all great quilting comes unquilting. You know, the fun thing we call frogging because we get to Riippp-it. 
Unquilting
I had to rip out some oddly formed stitches in three blocks. I'm using King-Tut thread by Superior, and my machine requires I tension it pretty high to get it to quilt properly. Apparently I didn't tension it high enough because as the bobbin was running out, loops formed on the back; and the front. Not acceptable. 

I'll finish this quilt this morning (hopefully) and get the next "needs by the end of the month" quilt loaded and started. In a perfect world this is how I'm hoping the day unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...