Friday, September 16, 2022

Summer's Back

Temps to reach into the mid-80's today. Apparently it isn't autumn after all. 

Nails first thing this morning, but afterward a quick trip to Pieces to let them know I'm catching up on the queue, I'm back home and ready to quilt. After Joan's first quilt was finished mid-afternoon yesterday, I loaded this onto the frame...

Shoulda been a tree skirt
This was supposed to be a tree skirt, but Joan made it into a throw quilt. It received a quick edge to edge so was able to get it done by early evening. This is what's on the frame for the weekend...
Lynette's Colorful Dreams by Jacqueline deJonge
This is one of those small-but-mighty quilt projects and the long arming will be not an exception. She gave me a photo of how to quilt it and wow...it's going to be a few days. It was starting with the double batting going into it; one layer of poly/silk and then another layer of wool. 

When I have double layers to do, anything requiring free motion (all of the white area) will need to have a foot change done so I don't push the batting along while working. I'm working on stabilizing it right now with the ditching and some basting. 

Tomorrow we have an all day funeral downstate, so no quilting tomorrow. 😒 But I'll chip away at Lynette's quilt as I can throughout the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...