Friday, September 9, 2022

Needles

I was researching needles for the new long arm due in a few weeks. Schmetz? Organ? Klasse? Superior? Which do I use? 

Apparently, according to one dealer, the Organ/Superior needles are made in Japan and are a little longer than the Schmetz needles. They are more suited for the Juki, etc. type of machines made in Japan. 

Schmetz needles are European made and are more suited for the machines made there (mainly paying attention to the new Bernina). They are a little shorter in shaft and apparently, the longer shafted needles will start causing some timing issues; both in domestic machines as well as long arms. I wonder how much of this is true? I'll need to ask my dealer when they come to set Bernie up.

Here's what's on the frame today...

Cathie's Cacti
She just wants an E2E in here so DW will be jamming this morning. It's kind of quiet around here for a Friday, but it is still morning and should pick up later this afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...