Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A Week Out of My Life

As I sat down to Blog today, noticed it had been a full week since I was in here working. Our DeGroot reunion was a smashing success. Perfect weather. Perfect pranks. Perfect food. The only thing that wasn't perfect was my ability to sew and instead run my bum off for six days straight. The positive side to all of it is my shorts fitting a little looser. 

But after all the dust settled, the RV was tucked away for another year, the numbers were crunched, the washing was done, the house getting back to normal, stole a few hours last night to get the Painted Ladies together and ready to head to the long arm.

The Painted Ladies ready for the long arm
I'm so excited because I think I have one more WIP to work and then I can begin something new. Which is a good thing because while we were away at reunion, my Cotton Cuts postcard came in the mail about the mystery quilt I signed up for. It begins in a few weeks. 

I'm having a conversation with a family member right now and it involves the quilt I donate each year for the reunion. While the quilt was basically being given away (it went for $150) my heart was just torn. The two people who requested this particular quilt didn't even bid on it and I think this last year was the last quilt the reunion will see for a while. 

Long arming today on Town and Country and I should be able to get it off the frame. I received a customer quilt over the weekend so that will need to go on next. And then I'll be digging that WIP out to work on later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Small Project

Polyurethaning the new floor is not a small project. The first coat went down Saturday; the second yesterday. It stinks very much bad in her...