Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Reunion Week=Sporadic Blogging

Getting in the studio during the week prior to the reunion results in sporadic blogging. I have obligations to work on during the day and depending on quickly I get them done directly affects how much studio time is available.

Yesterday, the afternoon heat was unbearable (mid 90's) and the trailer heated up even warmer sitting out there in the sun. This gave me some studio time to work on the Painted Ladies.

I finished the Boutique and started looking at the four houses all in a row. Something was missing from the Flower Shop and I pulled the pattern down to take a look at it to see what, if anything, was missed. I'm glad I did because all the sidewalk and flower embellishments were somehow excluded. 

After working until well past 9:00 last night, was able to get them all in a row on the design wall. They aren't sew together yet, but this is an idea of how they'll look.

Those Painted Ladies
If you look closely, you'll notice that some of the design seems to missing parts...like the awning on the Boutique. That's because once the houses are assembled as one unit, there will be trees put in front and will cover most of the areas that seem to be missing parts. 

Caleb and Lia are on their way here from Detroit. They flew in from Washington state late last night. They'll be with us for the next five days to help with reunion. Thursday, the "B" family will be here as well and I have a feeling very little studio time will occur once everybody arrives. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...