Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Pieced WIP's Accomplished

All the works in progress that needed piecing are now complete!!! Hurray! Here's a portion of what I did in the border on Happy Camper.

Happy Camper border
The top turned out too big to take a pic from the design wall and it was starting to get stormy when I put the last stitch in, so this was the best I could do. 

Paulette's first quilt was finished in under two hours. Her second quilt will go on this morning. This afternoon I have to mow and deal with the lawn because I've had it put off (per Jim) for the past few days. It was a little too hot to mow and I don't like to tax the mower(s) any more than necessary since we rely so heavily on them.

So what am I going to piece tonight? asks my friend Katie. She knows I like to have to sit down work to do after standing all day in front of the long arm. I slept on her question and came up with four immediate things to do:

1) Clean and organize the studio after all the WIP work happening in here of late.

2) Assign backs to all the tops I have laying in wait for the long arm. This is my slow season on the big machine and I may as well take advantage of that fact with a few of my own tops.

3) The Cotton Cuts mystery block should be showing up any day. I'll have that to work on.

4) I have a "bag of tricks"; projects just itching to get started, under my sewing table. That needs to be gone through and organized and weeded out.

All those will keep me busy for a few days I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Small Project

Polyurethaning the new floor is not a small project. The first coat went down Saturday; the second yesterday. It stinks very much bad in her...