Thursday, July 15, 2021

Plans Going South

From the title of todays blog it sounds like I'm heading towards a southern vacation. But mom and I were actually planning on a trip south to North Carolina to attend the John C. Campbell Folk Art School in August. Mom's hip is really misbehaving and there was a concern for her having to sit in the truck for such a long trek. Just sitting here at our house for a half hour was causing her issues.

Sadly, the trip was cancelled yesterday. I'd rather have mom comfortable and looking forward to the class rather than having to stress about the trip down and back. 

Now I'm on a mission to try to find a retreat/class/seminar to attend later this summer/fall. That'll be tonights project on the iPad. 

Meanwhile, yesterday was filled with errands. Hazel is heart worm free. We have groceries in the fridge after the kids were in and out all weekend with the reunion. I have my tulle for the Painted Ladies, and I started the last WIP!

Happy Camper

This was a fat quarter kit picked up from the Pieces of Thyme quilt shop a couple of years ago. It came with no directions and is left to the quilters imagination. I tried to do something with this at a retreat the winter after getting it and was unsuccessful. I tried to do something with it again last spring. Lost interest. Now we aren't playing around any more. We're going to make this into something. 

I have a customer quilt to work on with the long arm today that should have been worked yesterday. And I'll work on the Happy Camper thing somewhat while it's stitching away and again more intensely this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...