Wednesday, July 14, 2021

I Hate It When That Happens

The tulle I'm going to use to put over the top of The Painted Ladies was found a few weeks ago when I was rummaging around for something else in my storage drawers. I was going to quickly get that loaded and quilted up (putting irregular straight lines both vertically and horizontally) and went to get the tulle tacked down before loading the top. Except it's about four inches too short no matter how I try to fit it. Had I known this, more tulle would have been picked up when we were in town last week. 

Hazel has to go to the vet this morning for a heart worm check and more meds, we'll come home, wolf down some lunch and then head out for groceries and that tulle.

Meanwhile, the long arm was naked and needed something else on it since Town and Country is off. Yes, it's quilted and is now being bound. I'm actually hand binding it (I know, shocker right?) and will whittle away at that for the next four nights. I got about a fourth of it done last night.

So here is what is on the frame today...

Luann's Zipper, or Stacked Coins quilt top

I wanted to get this quilted this morning before the vet appointment but that's not going to happen since she has to be there in about 45 minutes. I'll work on it later this afternoon/evening since DW is going to drive this one for me. 

Before we have to leave this morning I'm going to dive into the WIP tote one last time to identify the last old [WIP] project of 2021. If I need more fabric/supplies for it, we can pick those up while we're in town later this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Small Project

Polyurethaning the new floor is not a small project. The first coat went down Saturday; the second yesterday. It stinks very much bad in her...