Friday, July 23, 2021

Autumn is Starting to Show Just a Little Bit

As the calendar nears the end of July, and as our drought has brought on extreme stress to our lands, our trees are already showing the affects with a slight change in some of their leaves. It's too soon.

This was observed as we took a buggy ride and on our trip to Houghton Lake yesterday. It feels like we just jumped into spring and fall is right around the bend. Fall is my favorite season and with it comes less bugs. And more quilting time. Always two good things.

Despite being gone most of the last half of yesterday, I did get Paulettes quilt completed before we left. Would love to show you the detail but the Mac had an update yesterday and my phone, which I use to photograph everything, is having an off day apparently. 

Hazel and I snuggling on a particularly cold-dish night earlier this week

I made a decision last night after our return. My "Bag of Tricks" which I'm now going to call my Bag of Projects, was supposed to be gone through and weeded out. What I'm going to do instead is just pull the first project out (which I did) and that'll be the next project. It exposes the project after that which I can prepare for (fabric, supplies) while making the first project. 

Here's what I pulled last night...oh wait, phone/computer issues. Maybe tomorrow? Well, it's a little wall hanging I purchased from one of my customers a few weeks ago prior to her estate sale with little old ladies skirt bottoms, legs, and shoes. 

While waiting for the phone and computer to sync this morning, I pulled all the tops I have completed out and all the backings I've purchased thus far and paired up as many as I could. 19 tops total and pairs for 14 of them. This is called taking advantage of the slower month of August and knocking out as many of my own quilts as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Small Project

Polyurethaning the new floor is not a small project. The first coat went down Saturday; the second yesterday. It stinks very much bad in her...