Thursday, December 16, 2021

Better Call Dorothy

These winds, again, are fierce! We have blinked twice so far this morning which is disconcerting. Hazel is going to the groomer this morning (if they don't call and tell me they're out of power) and I really would like to have jammed on Monicas quilt while she was away. 

I talked to Jim about this and my concern for all these high wind days. He said that was what we had insurance for. But if this machine goes down, then what? It'll take weeks to replace it (if there's even another one out there since they no longer make my model) and customers will have to wait even longer. I'm torn. I need to continue to work, but Mother Nature isn't making it easy on me. 

Here's what's going into some of Monica's top...

Quilting Detail
Can you even see the circles in the border/sashings? She has four blocks of just printed negative space to fill. We talked about repeating the Dresden pattern during her consultation, so I digitized the actual Dresden block (none was available already) to have DW stitch them out. What do ya think?
Digitizing patterns

And they both stitched out beautifully. I did get the first row in last night despite mom and I running the roads most of the mid day yesterday. It was good to get out and "play" with her for a while. I delivered two quilts to Bittersweet so not all the day was just fun and games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...