Thursday, December 2, 2021

Picking Threads

When a new quilt top comes in, and the customer gives me cart blanc, I have so much fun being free to pick out threads and design motif(s) that will compliment what the piecer was trying to convey. 

Here's what we have on the frame this morning...

Tina's Firefly top
And here are the threads selected to go into each of the fireflies...
Yummy colors!
This top was started yesterday, later in the afternoon after all my customers came (three sets) to pick up their finished quilts. And, after I had some lunch in my tummy.

Because of the colors I'm putting into this it's not photographing really well. At least it wasn't last night. I'll try to capture something today in our gloomy weather/overcast day.

Tomorrow is going to be another bust. Mom has PT at 9:45 and then a doctors appointment at 11:30. She needs to have me run errands for her in between and then once I get her home, laundry and lunch will be tackled. At some point, probably after all her needs are met, I'd like to run over to Pieces to take a look at the new digs. They are opening back up tomorrow and I'm SOOOOO excited to see how everything came out.

I'm hoping to get Tina's quilt completed today and another loaded so I can be ready for the weekend as Jim is supposed to be working on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...