Thursday, December 23, 2021

Merry Christmas Eve Eve

Jim took today off and we ran errands this morning. Hazel went with and enjoyed the truck ride. Not much to report except that I'm still working on Cathie's fourth quilt. I should be able to finish it up this afternoon now that we're home for the day and not expecting any additional visitors or interruptions.

I need to, at some point, start getting ready for the holiday. So. Much. To. Do! Wrapping, baking, cleaning, washing bedding, preparing other foods, making gifts and wrapping them. Sorting what I've been accumulating throughout the year first before wrapping can even begin.

Maybe today, after Cathies quilt is off and I load the next one, I can start working on those pillow covers, which are one of the kids' gifts. The tops are stitched out but need to make the inserts (I'm going to use zippered ones this time so they can be washed too) and need to research on how to do that since "sewing" isn't part of my usual wheelhouse. And the backs aren't on the tops yet. UGH!

Oh, and there's a new wide back fabric out there with kind of a satin feel to it. Mickey purchased some from Pieces and I took a pic of how it looks after stitching it out. 

Stitches sink right down in
I thought the stitches would just sit on top because of the smoothness of the fabric, but with the bamboo batt it really stitched out nicely. Win! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...