Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Broken Needles

I seldom break needles on the long arm. I mean, I can count on one hand the amount I've broken in all those stitches on the machine. But, yesterday was needle number three (or four?). It was an old needle and I wanted to get these pillow covers stitched out before I changed it for Mickey's two quilts. Apparently I was supposed to change it sooner.

Here is what the green buffalo plaids turned into.

There are six covers total
Four of the covers are Spartan heads, the other two are just flowers as shown. 

Here's what was on the frame after the little needle incident. 

Mickey's first top 
I didn't snag any pics of the quilting in here because I was rocking yesterday and actually completed this a little after Jim arrived home from work. And, it was all custom!

Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Mickey's second top
I loaded and actually started the border work last night. DW is going to drive the center section today, but I'll still have to ruler the borders as the quilt is being advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...