Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Change of Plans

Mom decided she wasn't going to have me come in and take her two blocks to PT. "She could make it herself" she said. And, we have been having snow all morning so I was stressing about it all. So, off with the good clothes, on with the comfy work clothes, but I'll take it!

Here's some of the quilting detail that went into Monica's first quilt...

Not a very good pic, but the top of the pic shows some of the detail

And here's what's on the frame this morning...

Cathie M.'s third quilt top
This top somehow got lost in the Thanksgiving top shuffle from spare room to studio. I've already done two others for her and she shouldn't have to come out here a second time to pick this up. I may drive this one and Tina's finished quilt into Bittersweet to save them a trip. Snow dependent of course.

Have you ever used one of these? 

Conversion Tool 
Jim's mechanic wants a John Deere quilt made and I found some AWESOME John Deere fabric on the 50% off table at Pieces last weekend. I began searching for a tractor pattern on-line that wouldn't cost me three arms and two legs to purchase...in other words, free. All the patterns were for a 12" finished block. But I didn't want to make 12 tiny tractors using teeny tiny pieces. I wanted one big tractor.

I used the tool above to convert all the measurements given in the four-section pattern to a 500% bigger set of cutting sizes. Poof I have one big giant tractor pattern. And some pretty big pieces to cut. I have the fabrics all washed (wanted to make sure that green wasn't going to bleed) and I'll start cutting tonight. I do need to get some more black anyway so if I need more I'll grab that on Friday. Off I go to the long arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...