Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Pictures for Reference

I used to make extensive notes about the top portion of each quilt I was working on. Then I got a smart phone. Instead of written notes, I have the picture(s) to refer to when I get to the bottom portion of the quilt. This border quilt is a perfect example. I did some snowflakes in the corners and will need to refer to which kind I put in above for the bottom ones below.

See the snowflake in the upper left corner behind the bar?
This quilt I've been working on for Monica is a beautiful flannel. Not like the cheap junk you get at a big box store, but the beautifully woven and soft as butter flannels you only find in a quilt/finer fabric shop. The texture from the quilting is coming out wonderfully!

But there's a downside to any flannel. It's a cat hair/thread/batting magnet. I clean the section off I'm going to be quilting and before I'm done with that row, there are more little friends that have attached themselves somehow. 

I'll hopefully finish this piece today. I'm doing all the border/block quilting first. I'll go back and reroll to do the center section since I'm using invisible thread in it. Invisible thread in the long arm requires a lot of tension adjusting. And there are buttons I will need to sew around as well that were already attached. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...