Thursday, May 12, 2022

Art?

Do you think custom quilting is art? I do! I try to make the quilt come to life and take an otherwise okay top and hope to make it really sing with the thread going in. Not many long armers are willing to do this for a variety of reasons. Edge to edge takes a day to do (and on smaller quilts, maybe a half day). Custom work requires a lot of time and patience not to mention, creativity. 

I love the custom process! The income potential is much lower in doing them because of the painstaking hours and precision expected. It's usually more thread heavy and requires a LOT of thread changes on some of the more intricate pieces, which takes a lot of time too. But it's my passion!!

Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Another very large piece to work
This lovely quilt top was made by Sue L. and I can't wait to start in on it today. It has about 2/3's ruler work going in and the rest is all free motion making cattails and wandering lines in the pheasant blocks. Thankfully, our thunderstorms passed yesterday afternoon which let me finish Becky's quilt. But we certainly needed the rain (although, I could do without those pesky mosquitoes!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...