Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Good Tuesday Morning

Here is some more quilting detail going into Beth G.'s quilt... 

Lines and circles
This piece is requiring a LOT of thread changes. See where the orange at the top and the green at the bottom meet the black in the middle? I can't just quilt all the blacks, or oranges, or greens, because I don't know where the circle is going to end. Each one of those is a thread change. And that takes up a lot of time. 

But it's looking pretty stellar given the small amount of time I was able to work yesterday. The girls were real fidgety and didn't want to settle down to let me work much. Once Jim got home I was able to do an actual "full pass" with one advance in there, but it's slow going. 

I have two customers coming today but I'm hoping to get another pass done throughout the day and then maybe (????) get this one done by the nights end. 

My last Cotton Cuts BOM came in the mail yesterday. It's still in the package. Untouched. I can't consciously go there right now with the work load I have here. Taking three days off last week wasn't a smart choice, but family comes first, and spending time with grandkids is priceless. I just hope my customers feel the same way as they wait for their pieces to be completed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...