Friday, May 27, 2022

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I had customers through most of the morning and part of the afternoon yesterday. Loading the next quilt didn't happen until well after lunch. I did, however, get a chance to finish my retreat bag while waiting for said customers to arrive. 

Let's go to a retreat!
I haven't done that much appliqué/blanket stitching since I finished Town and Country. Once the customers left and I wolfed down lunch, I loaded this...
Kaffe Diamonds
The customer was very specific about how she wanted it quilted so here's what it's getting...
Not a very good pic, but the idea is there
While rolling forward on the frame on this very bias-edged quilt, an expected (though not welcome) thing happened... 
Oh look! The quilt top is waving at me. 
This also happened on the other side. I only got half of this done yesterday afternoon before Jim came home and we were in desperate need of food. And given it's a holiday weekend, thought we better go last night instead of waiting for any other day this weekend. 

While we were gone, Tina B. dropped off an emergent top that needs to be done. Now I have two of those in the queue. Once the "fun" chores are done (bathrooms and bedding) I'll continue on with the Kaffe diamonds and get one of the "needs yesterday" loaded for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...