Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Decision

I had to make a decision (and struggled with it all weekend) about whether to not "work" during the holiday. I know I'm still so busy and taking time off goes against every ounce of my being, but I needed a reset. I needed a day to just play in my studio rather than work. I needed to get my head cleared and give my back a little rest.

Here's what I started instead of long arming...

My First Block

Of this pattern
The kids in Washington state got me a lovely fat quarter bundle. I'm making this wall hanging for them for their spare bedroom when they get back home in July/August. I love to paper piece and this is a challenging one for sure. At one point, Jim actually came in and helped me un-sew some pieces I constructed incorrectly. 

I have a start on the second bed but alas, today is a work day, and so I'll get back into Tina's Cardinals and back onto the long arm at least for the next eight hours. If the girls behave (and Lucy is figuring out how to do this) I may get to construct more on the second bed tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...