Friday, May 13, 2022

Before and After

This is something like I was referring to yesterday. Here is the quilt top before putting in the thread...

Before
And here is the quilt top after putting in the thread...
After
The pheasants have cattails in the setting triangles around them and the border is bead-boarded. Continuous curves are a nice touch to smooth the angular set the blocks portray. 

Out of the 80 or so blocks, I only have 25 done. I was going along well yesterday and then Jim came home early. We needed to do some yard work. He likes to mow, but I do as well, and what a better way to get a start on my tan? 

Since I was up so early yesterday, only a few more blocks were quilted after mowing/showering before I became pretty fatigued. Nobody wants a fatigued quilter working on their quilt. And, it was 7:30 so just a little early.

Warm temps expected again (near 90) so when the house gets too hot, the air is coming on today. The dogs were so uncomfortable last night in our hot box and wouldn't settle down easily. And, it'll make quilting a little less uncomfortable as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...