Friday, June 5, 2026

The Bell

I have a necklace I wear during the summer with a bail as the sewing machine, the strike as a pair of scissors and the bell as a thimble. It has a lovely light tinkling sound and eventually this will be given to my eldest granddaughter. During the winter months (I remove it as soon as the sweatshirts come out for the fall) it has tarnished considerably. 

Jim has to run to town today to take care of some things and I asked that he stop by the jewelers to see of they could polish it up for me. What I need to do is stop by Marshall Music in East Lansing next time we're downstate to get a polishing rag similar to the one I used for my clarinet in days gone by. 

I have a customer coming today to pick up and the rest of the work day will be spent on Iila's quilt on Marty. Here's some of the quilting going in...

Not a quick one to work
While the above looks easy enough, there are a lot of starts/stops with each echo, especially when starting to run down each side. I'll be on this quilt for probably a week (or more). 

On the personal front, after getting groceries last night, I came home and made a Love Letter block and loaded up DW with this...


I'd like to get this done before the 4th so we can hang it out to celebrate our 250th anniversary! I've started the first row with the white. I'm only going to use three thread colors (not going crazy here), and of course they are red, [almost] white, and blue. Happy Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...