Thursday, June 11, 2026

Data Centers

The new controversy out there are these data centers they want to put in our state. HUGE water and electricity consumers and thankfully, the little town of Mason we used to live in (about 12 moves ago) said "NO" to one in their community. Not to mention they are loud, loud, loud, and provide very little employment. And, as we're researching the situation, the electricity they use is passed down to the neighboring communities and population of that area increasing their already high bills.  

It seems they could find an alternative to the resources these places take?

I did work on Illa's quilt for about two hours yesterday before Linda showed. The rest of the afternoon was spent with her. When I finally got home it was nearly 4:00. I knew I had a couple of hours more worth of work on Marty so I decided to wait until this morning to try to finish her quilt up.

I did a Love Letter block, did a cowboy boot, and put the borders on the baby quilt for Jims cousin...


After taking a quick break, I started in on DW and actually got the Fireworks quilt done. It's off the frame and all trimmed. I'll have to make and bind that maybe yet tonight? I have to make the backing for the baby quilt and get that on the frame ASAP since it's going to reunion in less than a month from now. 

I'll be starting on Marty to begin the day. Hopefully I can get that finished up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

On a Whim

The morning started out with the Temperature blocks and then I had to make a prototype of a notebook cover to see if I liked the pattern I...