After working on the temperature blocks yesterday morning it was almost time for Jim to get home. After lunch the wind was roaring but I didn't feel like staying here. We jumped in the truck with the girls in search of strawberries and a place to walk the dogs. We also stopped at a garage sale and to look at a yellow Jeep alongside M-61. Too high millage and they had smoked in it. The Jeep, not the garage sale.
We found strawberries (OMG the price [$6.00/qt.]) and then Jim dropped me off at Riverwalk so I could follow the trail back to moms condo. He met me there and we thought we'd visit with mom if she was home. She wasn't.
It was after 5:00 when we returned home. Jim searched out more strawberry resources (found one for $4.00/qt.) and I appliquéd another cowboy boot...
I was going to call it a night, but still had plenty of energy left. I fired up DW and started quilting the cousins quilt...Of course, I can't just free motion the whole thing! I'll do a hand guided free motion in the center portion but the sashing, border, and geese get custom work done.
Nothing in the studio today. We have to go visit mom because when we were there yesterday she was (of course) out running the roads. It's no wonder the woman needs a new car every four years.
No comments:
Post a Comment