Friday, June 26, 2026

Weather Changes Everything

Well, once again, it's a good thing goals are written in sand and not stone because I certainly missed my goal for yesterday. Right at lunch our thunderstorms started and there wasn't any sign of them letting up anytime soon.

We went to Midland to get groceries and mail a package to Germany instead of long arming. When we finally got back home around 4:30 it was still raining pretty good and then around 5:00 it started letting up.

My long arming mojo had disappeared. No storms expected today so the Farm Girl Vintage II should be completed by days end. 

Here's one piece of the Farm Girl I particularly like...


When we did get back I did a Love Letter and a Cowboy Boot block.

It doesn't look like this one would be that difficult to blanket stitch but on those curves and points it's basically one to two stitches at a time as well as all the turning. 

DW was naked and I knew what I wanted to put on him next. It's a Judy Niemeyer that I did early this winter and it's small in size. BIG in the quilting and some of it needed to be marked before loading. I got the back on to frame iron and started right in.
It doesn't look like much but there was a lot of measuring involved. Oh, and geometry. My favorite. 😈

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...