Thursday, June 4, 2026

With Good Intentions

Today is guild day. I'm supposed to be there 16 minutes ago. Since that last time I looked at the clock this morning was 3:42, I didn't figure I'd get up in time to attend. Dogs barking all over the lake (and beyond) and my head would not shut down last night. Maybe I need some sleeping gummies?

The embroidered quilt is done. Nothing on Bernie right now. Here's what I'll be working on today on Marty...

Iila's beautiful reproduction
This is another June deadline and it's a biggie! The vine in the border as well as all the embellishments are hand-turned appliqué. Such patience! It doesn't look like many thread changes though, so that helps. 

Not only did I get the quilt above all ready for today, I had a little time in the late afternoon to get the puppy quilt stitched out. 

A little more loose than what I would normally put into a quilt, but I'm using this as a teaching tool tomorrow; how to machine bind, and needed to get it done quickly. And the little guy I made this for isn't going to use it long since he's almost nearly 4-years old. 

Getting ready to join

After trimming the above quilt I started attaching the binding. This is where our lesson will begin. How to invisibly join and how to turn and continue on from the top. 

I did a Love Letter block and then worked on a cowboy boot. This one is now blanket stitched and took a long time to finish!

I'm frame ironing for the next quilt on DW already and I made one pinwheel on the garden table runner started a few days ago. Only 58 more pinwheels to go. 😗

No comments:

Post a Comment

On a Whim

The morning started out with the Temperature blocks and then I had to make a prototype of a notebook cover to see if I liked the pattern I...