Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Flexible

Yup, I'm flexible. I didn't used to be. Maybe it was the farm girl in me (horses do not like to wait for their meals), or maybe it was my military training? Or maybe it was because I had a very strict upbringing? Whatever the reason, I would balk at anything I hadn't "planned" whether it was in my head or on a list. 

But in the quilting industry, not only is my work schedule in here liable for disruptions, machine issues, or whatever, we have to be flexible in the way we think about how to construct a quilt top. Remember even 15 years ago when all we had were templates to construct intricate blocks...and by today's standards, they weren't really all that intricate after all?

Yesterday was one of those flexibility days. But we conquered and moved on. The Small Project Sunday puzzle quilt wasn't even touched except to get moved out of the way. However, Tina's quilt is done for her mom and this is what's on the frame today...

Beth's Beautiful Butterfly (Flutter-by)

This is getting appli-quilted while I'm working on the rest of the quilting. What is appli-quilting? Stitching down the appliquéd pieces while quilting the pieces themselves. It eliminates all the blanket/whatever stitching around each appliquéd piece for the quilt top constructor. I just hope DW behaves and whatever fusible Beth used isn't going to gum up my needle(s) too badly. 

Mom may be stopping by today so I'll have to work late tonight in here. Which is fine. Jim has a basketball game to watch at 7:00 tonight and will keep him from wanting me out of the studio so soon. 

And Katie reminded me that today is the 1st of the month so the machines all get a good cleaning, which I can do while mom is here talking to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...