Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Putting Something Where?

It drives me nuts when I put something somewhere so I'll remember where I put it...and then completely forget where I put it. This is what happened yesterday. I was looking for a particular book and some 1-yard cuts that went with said book to take to retreat this weekend. 

I tore the studio apart, tore the craft closet apart, went back into the studio to take another look in there. Did it all again this morning. Jim asked what I was doing (he's home from work today due to an ice storm we are in the beginnings of) and I told him. He knew exactly where I put the things and got them out for me. Okay...Jim can't die before me. Just sayin'. 

Found!
I was doing all of this while Nanci's quilt was stitching the inside section with the computer. The rest of her quilt is being done custom with rulers and a LOT of marking. Here's what's going into her quilt...
Can you even see the detail?
I ran out of light last night while working that very dark blue so held off finishing this until this morning. I kinda need to see my ruler and registration marks to quilt accurately, but, moreover, need to see to be able to make those registration marks and I just couldn't. I need to get a light for that very dark corner!

I'm playing the electricity game this morning. We've been warned we are probably going to lose our electric at some point today and I'll just keep doing electric things while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...