Friday, April 29, 2022

Cranking Thursday

Despite having two sets of customers come for pick-ups yesterday, I was able to get Marcia's first quilt done. And her second one. And then a third loaded and started.

Beth G.'s Giant Linear Circle...the third project

Marcia's second quilt top

A little quilting detail

And more detail

And what is this?

This is me having to pin an extra leader on to the bottom because there wasn't enough backing fabric provided to finish the top. This takes extra time, pin sticks, and a whole lot of frustration. But, it was handled and I was off and running after a half hour or so. 

Although, if I could ask one thing of my customers; make sure there is plenty of backing fabric all around. So much extra time is taken to have to pin leaders to the sides/bottom when enough backing isn't provided. Especially if the piece requires ruler work. My ruler base takes an extra six inches on the sides without having to bang into my side clamps. 

Oh, and another wish. Measure. Those. Borders! Just slapping them on is going to cause ruffles/ripples when it's long armed and trying to get away with doing it will catch up to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...