Friday, April 8, 2022

Piecing? What's That?

Because the girls were pretty sedate yesterday, I was able to long arm a full eight hours and had some time left in the day to actually put together my latest Cotton Cuts BOM...

Month #9
While I was on the phone yesterday afternoon with a customer, I rolled the quilt forward on the frame I'm currently working and noticed this...

Hmmm????
Well, after further inspection, realized there was a large amount of stiffness and perhaps some glue(?) holding this seam together. 

I'll ditch what I can, but there is a slight possibility this part of the bead board won't get quilted. I'm not going to risk (again) throwing my machine out of time. It's too costly and puts me behind another 2-4 days. 

I understand having to repair tops. I have done the same in the past. But I hope anybody who looks at this quilt later is told what the situation is on why the quilting isn't consistent (if that's what it comes down to). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...