Thursday, September 14, 2023

Beautiful Weekend Expected

And thank goodness for that! We have two of the boys coming up tonight and tomorrow to help with the sheet metal and any other things we can get into during the time frame we have them.

Here's some of what's going into Debs quilt...

I love what I'm putting into the actual heart border

Continuous curves, feathers, and meandering hearts

While I was taking a coffee break around 3:00 yesterday, I heard a beep, beep truck coming down our driveway. This arrived!

Ready to put the roof on now
It's the dark green metal we put onto the barn. We have to re-roof the house and the garage next year and we want to put on the same dark green metal roofing. This puts us one step ahead.

We worked until nearly dark last night getting the rest of the stringers put on, but they're there. I'll be on the roof tonight and Ben will join me when he arrives later this evening. IF he gets here before dark. 

All the stringers are attached and we're ready for a work weekend
Jim has some "fixing" to do from the ground while the boys and I are airborne; the overhang on the first 1/3 of the SW corner, some overhang on the sill plate, and faceplate (I think that's what it's called) installation under the rafters. 

We have a guy coming tonight as well to give us an insulation estimate. Jim wants to have it spray foamed, but we'll have to see where we are at with cost. And tomorrow night the electrician is coming to do the same. We won't need to get it wired anytime soon, but we're having some flicker/dimming issues in the house even with Jim just running his skill saw so he's going to look into that issue as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...