Friday, September 1, 2023

Getting An Early Start

I was up well before I was ready this morning, but knew I needed to get going for the day since we have a long weekend ahead of us. Most of it will probably be spent working on the new studio since the weather is looking to maybe [finally] cooperate. 

Here's some of what's going into Paulette's quilt...

A little of this, a little of that
DW is driving the actual block quilting, but I'm doing the sashing, the borders and the cornerstones. As well as all the ditching. 

Our trusses arrived yesterday...

They're here!
And it's important they don't sit on the ground for too long, which is why we need to get the walls erected. The trusses are actually resting on scrap wood, but just above the lawn. They can still pull moisture from the proximity they are at in relation to the ground so we need to move along with this. 

I'll continue with Paulettes quilt today and get it done. And, maybe hers and Susans will be delivered later on this afternoon. Time to get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...