Thursday, September 7, 2023

Great Quilt Tops

The Flea Market top/quilt I did for Cindy S. and just pulled off last night was such a pleasure to quilt. Nicely measured borders, most seam threads were trimmed, blocks lined up nicely, no rips or tears that I had to repair. I relish those tops I get to do! 

Here's what's on DW for the next few days...

Flea Market of a different color
This autumnal tones are going to be a nice change from the "usual" Flea Markets I've done thus far...and have more to do. It'll require more thread changes but I'm all for that just to change things up a bit. 

While frame ironing the backing for this one, I was out working on the studio walls. Jim drew me lines so I could easily get my screws in there. We decided hammering wasn't my forte and while screws are a lot more expensive, they suite me better. This way he can be doing something else without hearing me colorfully talking to the walls as I miss (yet again) another nail head. And hit my thumb. 

While I was working on the walls he was building/installing window and door headers. He only has one more to do and that's another thing off our list. 

Walls are going up and the headers are going in
More of the same today. It seems like the weather is [finally] cooperating with us for both our jobs and our construction adventures. Let's hope this carries on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning Studio!

The new studio is now operational. I only have the electrical stuff to plug in (big machines, chargers, rewinder, sewing machines), but ever...