Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Tag-ectomy

I don't know what it is lately, but I can't stand garment tags against my skin. Drives me bananas. The top I put on this morning immediately came off, I retrieved my seam ripper, and started hacking away on not only this top but the one I wore yesterday too. Ugh. Maybe it's an older person thing. I don't remember having issues with this as a younger person. 

And what's with the getting up earlier than usual but getting the same start time in the studio? Oh, that's because one of the boys called this morning while on his way to class.

Anyway, here's some of the quilting on Donna's baby quilt I worked on yesterday...

Utiilzing the fabric as the filler
And I bet ya can't guess what type of quilt is on DW? Ha, you got it. Another Flea Market. This is Louise's and it's a jumbo!
It's a Jumbo!
This one measures 104" x 114"; a nice king-sized with plenty of drape. She added four borders total which is how she got it so large. But large borders make for more quilting time. Especially since I don't flip my quilts to do the side borders but rather chunk them as I go. And with the dark fabric in the smallest border, that will be a thread change every time. 

The other time issue is that the backing is only a 108" backing. This only gives me 2" on each side meaning I have to pin extra leaders with every roll. This one won't be done by Saturday morning I'm afraid.

We have nice weather ahead and except for today (because the dirt is now wet/heavy) I'll be hauling dirt all weekend. We have to get the pile gone so we can get the girls moved before it gets cold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...