Monday, September 11, 2023

Heights

Everybody in the neighborhood is afraid of heights. Except me. I respect them, but I'm not afraid of being up high. Having made that declaration, guess who's on the roof getting roof boards attached? 

Getting the trusses up on Saturday afternoon
It only took about two hours to get those trusses in. Thank goodness we had people who were helping that actually knew what they were doing. 

This is Saturday night after a few stringers were attached...
Getting the stringers attached
Jim miscalculated the amount of lumber needed to attach all the stringers. And since I don't hammer well, decided we needed to purchase some more screws (1,750 of them) to get the roof boards attached. We went shopping Sunday morning and here I am working well into the early afternoon attaching what we could with what lumber we had...
Hi!
This will be my job in the evenings this week. We are supposed to get rain all day today (it's actually starting here) and part of tomorrow. So I suppose being on a wet roof isn't going to happen tonight. 

Meanwhile, I've never been so happy to get back on the big machines after a weekend of exterior work. Not only did we have to work construction, but the yard needed minding and that was yesterday afternoons project since we were out of lumber. Yay long arming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...