Thursday, November 16, 2023

Deadlines

I have checked my deadlines and thought I was good to meet most of them at a leisurely pace. But then Jim mentioned Thanksgiving is a week from today. WHAT??? Now I'm a little pressed for time. Longer work days for me.

Which is why I'm blogging at 8:40 instead of 10:00. 

I have customers in and out all day today. One to pick up and another to drop off. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. Talk about chunking the day. That's okay. That's why I got up early and am off and running as soon as I'm done here. 

Janice's quilt isn't a holiday need. I'll be chipping away at hers on DW in between frame ironing backs for the other ones. Here's some of the quilting going into it...

I may add some echoing
I'm thinking about whether to echo these two borders. I can think about that while I'm working on Julies Santa face...

Isn't this darling?
I love Christmas quilts. I'd like to display them all year round but alas, summer pushes its way in. 

I've also decided to make name banners for the grandkids for Christmas. The littler ones won't appreciate it, but the older four will. I picked up a book at Shipshewana called Alphabet Soup by Jaybird Quilts. I have all those solids left over from the 100 blocks and thought I'd put them to good use. Here's the first test block (mine of course).

First test block
I'll be using a white background for the kids' and will probably border it a little less. This finished at 10" x 12" so maybe I'll need to rethink this and make only their first letter. Zechariah has a lot of letters as does Penelope, so maybe a banner isn't a good idea? I'll chew on that while I'm working today. 

P.S. Still no deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...