Friday, November 17, 2023

Pause

When customers come to visit, whether it's dropping off or picking up, it's a delight for me to be able to converse with them and learn about them outside of their quilts. I merely pause the machine(s) and enjoy the moments. I'm so fortunate to have these delightful people in my life. Truly!

But, as much as I relish the visits, it puts me off the machines and works its way into my evening. Then, there's the life stuff that has to be dealt with. Shopping for groceries, cleaning, and, like last night, trying to get Thanksgiving stuff announced and assigned. 

Today, the weather is poopy. Because Jim knows the deer bed down during this type of weather, he's home with me this morning instead of out hunting. Thankfully, he recognized that the girls need grooming and he'll occupy his morning doing that out in the garage instead. 

Here's some of the quilting going into the Santa Face. The customer wanted me to "bring the quilt to life". Here's a before of Santa...

Before

After
Not a great pic, but you can definitely see the difference. And I did something new with Bernie for the first time ever. 

A medium Gray and a Linen 

One needle, two threads
The result...

A beautifully rich looking heavy stitch
And Bernie never balked a second about having me do this with him. I'm loving this machine even more now!

Today this quilt will be finished and on to the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...