Friday, November 3, 2023

Phone Call

It's funny how one phone call can change upcoming plans. The ladies I'm traveling with down to Shipshewana are coming from the Alpena area. Further north even than Alpena. They have a good three hour drive just to get to me. And then, we have another two hour drive to Lansing, and then another good two hour drive to Shipshewana. That's seven hours for the northern girls. 

We are leaving Monday instead of Tuesday. That way they aren't "jet lagged" when we arrive and can have a complete day of sewing on Tuesday. 

I completed the quilting on Peggy's quilt. 

Peggy's cute wall hanging
And while I was working on this darling little piece, I frame ironed and loaded the next one for Janice...
A kind-of Halloween themed quilt
Obviously, I didn't get this done by Halloween, but she wasn't adamant about it being done by then. Thank goodness. 

I was just finishing Peggy's quilt when Jim got home from work and said we were going to Home Depot to pick up half the ceiling drywall. Okay, done in the studio for the day. No cowboy boots were cut. Obviously.  

Today is going to be a weird studio day. I have a customer coming to pick up. I have to get Peggy's quilt off the frame and trimmed. Once that's done, and while I'm frame ironing the next backing, I'm building binding, a label, and a hanging sleeve for Peggy's quilt. I don't do binding, sleeving, or labels. BUT I'm making this one exception. Otherwise that thing would have to be shipped back to Grand Rapids for finishing. 

Which is gong to be a problem. I don't have a table that's clear enough in here for me to work on such things. Mike HAS to do the binding work for me but there's no where to put him. The table out back has new bathroom stuff under and on top of it. The bar in the dining room is too high and has no leg space. The table in the living room is too low and provides no quilt support once I get that big machine on it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????

And the electrician is supposed to come and move ceiling boxes since the furring strips are all in place. Did I mention we passed our rough inspection? Thank goodness it's Friday. I have a lot to do today and tomorrow. Sunday we're heading to Lansing for the day to pick up chickens, deliver a refrigerator, and deliver mail so a chopped up day there with little to no productivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Passed!

We've been given our occupancy permit and the final inspection went relatively well. Just a few things he mentioned that he wasn't g...